Burger King, an American multinational hamburger fast-food chain headquartered in Florida, has announced interest to open outlets in Nigeria.
Antoine Zammarieh, the Franchisee of Burger King in Nigeria who made this development known, revealed that the hamburger maker in a show of interest in the Nigerian market had signed a development agreement for the Nigerian market.
He explained that the development agreement of the chain in Nigeria which was recently signed would give more confidence to the Nigerian market and consumers in general, especially during these hard times.
He said, “I always believed in Nigeria and in its people. I am confident this venture will go a long way and prove successful for Burger King, Nigeria, and our company.”
“I believe this would be a tremendous step towards giving more confidence into the Nigerian market and consumers in general.”
What to expect
- The first outlet of the Hamburger chain in Nigeria is expected to be launched in Lagos.
- The Florida-based restaurant chain is set to join the likes of Dominos Pizza, Mcdonalds, Krispy Kreme, Chicken Republic (pieXpress) in a stiff competition for market share and dominance in a saturated market, with hundreds of other traditional restaurant chains.
- Burger King is expected to dig deep into its quiver of strategies to ensure an impressive performance and success in its first year of operation, as other players have been having it tough following their respective launches in the Nigerian market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic however has impacted the fast-food industry severely, as the disruption to the industry’s supply chain, especially the on-trade channel which accounts for a significant percentage of restaurant sales triggered declines in their profits in 2020.
What you should know
- Burger King is a fast-food restaurant chain famed for serving customers with high-quality great-tasting and affordable food.
- The restaurant’s outlets serve more than 11 million guests who visit Burger King restaurants around the world.
- Burger King is the second-largest fast-food hamburger chain in the world, behind McDonald’s who us the world’s largest fast-food restaurant chain and one of the best-known brand names.
Culled from Nairametrics